Type: Academic staff
We are looking for a highly motivated and independent imaging specialist with a solid experience in basic and advanced light microscopy techniques to support our research scientists with their imaging projects.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW has its Hub at University of Copenhagen (UCPH), The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences as well as nodes at UCPH, Murdoch Children´s Research Institute (MCRI) and Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC). Researchers within reNEW address fundamental questions in stem cell and developmental biology and will pivot research findings to clinical outcomes and products for patients with incurable disorders such as congenital kidney and heart disorders, type 1 diabetes, Parkinsons’ disease. Find more information about the Center at: https://renew.ku.dk/
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Supporting users in all aspects of advanced light microscopy: selection of and introduction to the appropriate imaging technology, assistance and trouble-shooting during imaging and data collection as well as data management.
- Setting up image acquisition pipelines, testing, and running of advanced light microscopy equipment
- Supporting users with all aspects of assay development, especially with respect to automated image acquisition
- Developing novel image acquisition workflows tailored to the needs of our scientists in close collaboration with microscope vendors.
- Organizing courses and teaching of light microscopy techniques.
- Maintaining the equipment by performing performance tests and organizing repairs.
- A master’s or PhD degree and ideally 3-4 years of strong experience in advanced light microscopy
- Advanced skills in widefield and confocal microscopy techniques are essential
- Practical knowledge in image analysis and experience teaching microscopy or image analysis is expected.
- Experience in developmental biology would be a strong plus but so would be a physics background
- Experience in sample preparation, including clearing techniques would be an advantage
- Independent critical thinking and problem-solving ability, flexibility, proactivity, and excellent attention to detail are required
- High motivation for user support and training
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Team player interested in connecting with scientists from different fields
- A stimulating, challenging and multifaceted research environment
- A supportive team to work and collaborate with
- A combination of active scientific service platforms to interact with and expand available methodologies at reNEW
- Possibilities for continued education and training
- Attractive employment conditions
- Centrally located workplace
The successful applicant will be part of an international team together with two microscopy application specialists and an image analyst having the mission of highest-level user service provision.
The employment is a permanent position and is scheduled to start in July/August 2023 or upon agreement with the chosen candidate. The place of work is at reNEW, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 3B, Copenhagen.
Salary, pension and terms of employment are in accordance with the provisions of the collective agreement between the Danish Government and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
The employment will be as Research Consultant (Forskningskonsulent) with the possibility of negotiating a qualification supplement depending on experience and qualifications and with 17.1 % pension contribution. The working hours are 37 hours a week.
Your application must be submitted in English by clicking “Apply now” below and must include:
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum vitae incl. education, experience, previous employments, contact details for references, language skills and other relevant skills
- Copy of diplomas/degree certificate(s).
Only applications received in time and consisting of the above-listed documents will be considered. Applications and/or any material received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Deadline for applications: 31st of March, 2023