- This event has passed.
GerBI-GMB Core Facility Management Course
June 24 - June 28(Deadline: April 18)
- 2019 Core Facility Management Course will mark the second course organised by the German BioImaging network successor; GerBI-GMB – The Society for Microscopy and Image Analysis.
- The concept of core facilities, central hubs for demanding technical and analytics services, is rapidly changing how science is carried out at many research institutions. Core facility managers, often academically trained scientists, find themselves in a variety of different roles that demand a broad set of skills they traditionally haven’t been taught in their career. Managing budgets, structuring the facility to work most productively, recruiting the right people, negotiating with partners, clients and vendors, dealing with hierarchy and addressing role conflicts are some of the challenges core facility managers typically face. GerB-GMB in collaboration with hfp consulting, a group specialized in supporting scientists to improve their leadership and management skills, have developed an intense, interactive and highly specialized workshop that addresses these challenges.
In this practical course, designed specifically for core facility managers in the life sciences, you will learn how to:
- balance your different roles
- build a productive team culture
- deal with conflicts constructively
- manage your time better
- delegate tasks more effectively
- deal with different personalities in the team
- position your facility in your organisation strategically
- negotiate more effectively
- hire the right people
- manage your budget
We approach these topics practically. Short theoretical inputs are followed by extensive exercises. Our goal is to increase the impact of the training by immediately applying the concepts we teach in partner exercises, case studies, and simulations during the workshop. The course language is English.