- Danish Bioimaging Network meeting: 22nd-23rd of October in Aarhus. Registration is open: link Deadline for talks is 1st of September.
- New workgroup leaders: Jan Henrik Ardenkjær-Larsen, DTU for Pre-clinical imaging East, Klaus Qvortrup, KU for Electron Microscopy, Eva Arnspang Christensen, SDU, for Light Microscopy East and Christian Garm, AU, for Light Microscopy
- We are looking for news leaders for the workgroups (If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org):
- WG1 Image analysis tools and data management
- WG6 Training and knowledge exchange
- Hurry up to sign for the Cross institutional Bioimaging PhD course, only 1 seat left. Registration deadline is 27.08.2019.
- 2 conference grant from Danish Bioimaging to participate in Biological and pharmaceutical applications of CRS microscopy, Odense, December 2019 (see attachment). http://crs-microscopy2019.sdu.dk
August-Danish Bioimaging Network newsletter
- Danish Bioimaging Network meeting: 22nd-23rd of October in Aarhus. Registration is open: link
June-Danish Bioimaging Network newsletter
Image deconvolution workshop organized by Danish Bioimaging Network with Scientific Volume Imaging about Huygens software was a success. 22 participants from KU, AU, SDU, Danish Cancer research and Chemometec had a chance to learn more about deconvolution during 2 days workshop, which took place on the 14th and 15th of May in Copenhagen at Panum Institute. The workshop was fully booked!
Possibility of Bioimaging at MAX IV and ESS were discussed.
The summary of the meetings are given in presentations: MAX IV Rajmund Mokso and ESS Sindra Petersson Årsköld
Open Access journal offers No Publication Fees in 2019
Self-Assembly and Molecular Electronics (SAME) is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed open access journal covering the areas of molecular electronics, self assembly and Nanotechnology, with the aim to develop novel bottom – up approaches for the design and manufacturing of functional devices. SAME encourages original cross-disciplinary full research articles, rapid communications of important new scientific and technological findings and state-of-the-art reviews, as well as methodological papers.
Journal of Self-Assembly and Molecular Electronics
- Next Cross-institutional course will take place in the fall semester 2019. Program is available already. To register, send an email to vita(at)sdu.dk.
- Research infrastructure – large equipment and facilities in biomedicine and biotechnology, Novo Nordisk Fonden, deadline 7th of February 2019
- DBI Open Call 2018/19 to promote interactions between network members, for example for courses, meeting and seminars. Applications are welcome for 3.000 – 10.000 DKK.
- Light Microscopy 2 days crash course, Copenhagen, January 22-23, 2019
- Postdoc in Wound and Skin Infection Modelling, LEO Foundation Center for Cutaneous Drug Delivery, Copenhagen
DBI Newsletter December 2018
Next Cross-institutional course will take place in the fall semester 2019.
The Cross Institutional Bioimaging Ph.D. course will be given by a series of lecturers who are experts within each their field of bioimaging. The course will take place at different institutions to expose the students to different research groups, researchers and experimental research facilities.
The course is relevant for PhD students within medicine, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, nano-bioscience, pharmaceutical sciences, agricultural science or biology. The emphasis of the course is a tour of all bioimaging techniques available in Denmark and will cover subjects like live cell imaging, spinning disk microscopy, electron microscopy, photoactivated localization microscopy, single particle techniques, structured illumination, stimulated emission depletion microscopy, imaging of neurons and cell migration.
The course is 10 ECTS points.
More info can be found on the course webpage
To sign up for the course, please email vita(at)sdu.dk
DBI Newsletter November 2018
- SDU has welcomed about 100 participants of Danish Bioimaging meeting on the 2nd of October 2019, it was presented 20 posters, 10 talks were given. Alice Dupont Kragelund (BMB, SDU) won the prize for the best poster titled “Ultrastructure of Endo-Lysosomes during Cholesterol Efflux studied by Combined Fluorescence and Cryo-Soft X-ray Tomography”.
- If you still have not participated, please support our new initiative and answer the survey (it takes 1 minute): Topics you are interested to learn about, see the technique and participate in workshops
DBI Newsletter October 2018
Danish Bioimaging meeting at SDU went with a great success. About 100 participants, Aalborg, Aarhus, Copenhagen and Odense , Germany, Canada and USA have attended the meeting. 20 posters were presented and 10 talks were given.