Image deconvolution workshop organized by Danish Bioimaging Network with Scientific Volume Imaging about Huygens software was a success. 22 participants from KU, AU, SDU, Danish Cancer research and Chemometec had a chance to learn more about deconvolution during 2 days workshop, which took place on the 14th and 15th of May in Copenhagen at Panum Institute. The workshop was fully booked!
Possibility of Bioimaging at MAX IV and ESS were discussed.
The summary of the meetings are given in presentations: MAX IV Rajmund Mokso and ESS Sindra Petersson Årsköld
Open Access journal offers No Publication Fees in 2019
Self-Assembly and Molecular Electronics (SAME) is a multidisciplinary peer-reviewed open access journal covering the areas of molecular electronics, self assembly and Nanotechnology, with the aim to develop novel bottom – up approaches for the design and manufacturing of functional devices. SAME encourages original cross-disciplinary full research articles, rapid communications of important new scientific and technological findings and state-of-the-art reviews, as well as methodological papers.
Journal of Self-Assembly and Molecular Electronics
- Next Cross-institutional course will take place in the fall semester 2019. Program is available already. To register, send an email to vita(at)sdu.dk.
- Research infrastructure – large equipment and facilities in biomedicine and biotechnology, Novo Nordisk Fonden, deadline 7th of February 2019
- DBI Open Call 2018/19 to promote interactions between network members, for example for courses, meeting and seminars. Applications are welcome for 3.000 – 10.000 DKK.
- Light Microscopy 2 days crash course, Copenhagen, January 22-23, 2019
- Postdoc in Wound and Skin Infection Modelling, LEO Foundation Center for Cutaneous Drug Delivery, Copenhagen
DBI Newsletter December 2018
Next Cross-institutional course will take place in the fall semester 2019.
The Cross Institutional Bioimaging Ph.D. course will be given by a series of lecturers who are experts within each their field of bioimaging. The course will take place at different institutions to expose the students to different research groups, researchers and experimental research facilities.
The course is relevant for PhD students within medicine, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, nano-bioscience, pharmaceutical sciences, agricultural science or biology. The emphasis of the course is a tour of all bioimaging techniques available in Denmark and will cover subjects like live cell imaging, spinning disk microscopy, electron microscopy, photoactivated localization microscopy, single particle techniques, structured illumination, stimulated emission depletion microscopy, imaging of neurons and cell migration.
The course is 10 ECTS points.
More info can be found on the course webpage
To sign up for the course, please email vita(at)sdu.dk
DBI Newsletter November 2018
- SDU has welcomed about 100 participants of Danish Bioimaging meeting on the 2nd of October 2019, it was presented 20 posters, 10 talks were given. Alice Dupont Kragelund (BMB, SDU) won the prize for the best poster titled “Ultrastructure of Endo-Lysosomes during Cholesterol Efflux studied by Combined Fluorescence and Cryo-Soft X-ray Tomography”.
- If you still have not participated, please support our new initiative and answer the survey (it takes 1 minute): Topics you are interested to learn about, see the technique and participate in workshops
DBI Newsletter October 2018
Danish Bioimaging meeting at SDU went with a great success. About 100 participants, Aalborg, Aarhus, Copenhagen and Odense , Germany, Canada and USA have attended the meeting. 20 posters were presented and 10 talks were given.
- Danish Bioimaging network meeting 2018, the deadline for the registration is extended til 20th of September: registration form.
- DBI annual report is included in the newsletter
- New DBI initiative, please support it: We would like to share knowledge in our bioimaging communities. Therefore, we would like to ask you to participate in a very short survey: Survey
DBI Newsletter September 2018 pdf
Danish Bioimaging network meeting 2018:
02.10.2018, SDU Odense,
Registration: fill the registration form and submit your abstract for a poster or a talk.
Registration deadline is the 10th of September.
Keynote speaker: Jennifer Lippincott-Schwartz, Janelia Research Campus.
Confirmed Speakers: Jonas Ries, EMBL, Heidelberg
Rainer Heintzmann, Friedrich Schiller University, Jena
Paul Wiseman, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Jakub Sedzinski, Danish Stem Cells center
Marja Jäättelä, Danish Cancer Society
Christian Janfelt, Department of Pharmacy, Copenhagen Uni