Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Center for Proteins in Memory (PROMEMO) at the Danish Research Institute of Translational Neuroscience (DANDRITE), Aarhus University, wants to fill a vacant position as postdoc in the Nykjaer Group.
The workplace address is Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 10, building 1116, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark.
PROMEMO is a Danish National Research Foundation Center of Excellence and DANDRITE is the Danish node of the Nordic EMBL Partnership for Molecular Medicine. PROMEMO focuses on circuits and proteins regulating memory. DANDRITE is an interdisciplinary research center that performs basic and translational research in the brain and peripheral nervous system.
The Postdoctoral researcher position is a 37 hours/week full-time position with a fixed-term employment for three years effective from 1st August 2019 until 31st July 2022.
You will be employed with reference to the director of PROMEMO and DANDRITE Group leader Professor Anders Nykjaer at Department of Biomedicine, Aarhus University.
The applicant will perform imaging of active synapses in transgenic mice and primary neuronal cells. Methods employed will include confocal and two-photon imaging of tissues and cells from transgenic mice, adenoviral mediated gene transfer, primary neuronal culture, and mouse behaviour.
Qualifications and Specific Competences
Successful candidate is expected to have:
- A Doctoral Degree in neuroscience or related subjects
- An excellent scientific track-record and strong skills in English
- Extensive experience with confocal imaging and data processing preferentially also with two-photon microscopy, of brain specimens
- Solid experience with primary neuronal cultures
- Experience with viral mediated gene transfer
The successful candidate must be highly motivated and independent, able to manage the project, conduct firm, kind and thorough supervision, and be a good team player.
Shortlisting will be used.
- An exciting, collaborative, international and highly interdisciplinary research environment.
For further information about the position, please contact: Director, Professor Anders Nykjaer, E-mail: email@example.com