Location: Mainz, Germany
External link: https://www.imb.de/fileadmin/user_upload/CFWM05.pdf
Type: Academic staff
The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded
by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz
in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium
scientific core facilities (see www.imb-mainz.de/core-facilities).
The IMB is currently looking for an enthusiastic and experienced technician/scientist to join its
existing Microscopy Core Facility (MCF) team.
• Support, maintenance, and service of MCF state-of-the-art instruments such as widefield-,
confocal-, super-resolution, and screening microscopes
• User training and support for microscopes and image analysis
• Holding lectures and teaching courses on a variety of microscopy-related topics
• Sample preparation and cell culture
• Project consultations and trouble-shooting
• General administrative and support duties within MCF
• Solid practical experience in one or more of the following fields: optics, light microscopy
techniques (widefield, confocal, super-resolution, light sheet), live cell imaging, and image
• Strong computer and software skills
• Excellent communication skills as well as proficiency in written and spoken English
• Desire to acquire new knowledge in evolving microscopy trends/techniques and to work in
a highly interdisciplinary environment
• Experience in histological sample preparation (optional)
• Stimulating, diverse work in an international research environment
• Innovative research infrastructures
• Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
• Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates
and quoting Ref. No. CFWM05 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal enquires should be addressed
to Dr. Sandra Ritz (email@example.com). IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
Duration: The position has an initial contract length of two years with an option for permanent
Application Deadline: 15 February 2019
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry
out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods
at www.imb.de/jobs/Data Protection.