Location: Department of Biology, Section of Microbiology Faculty of Science, University of Copenhagen
Postdoc in high-resolution imaging studies of complex microbial communities
Department of Biology, Section of Microbiology
Faculty of Science
University of Copenhagen
The Department of Biology, Faculty of Science at University of Copenhagen (UCPH) is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and talented postdoc to contribute towards high-resolution imaging and multi-omic studies in the area of host-microbiota interactions in the gut.
The position is available for a 2-year period. The position is commencing on July 1, 2022, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Responsibilities and tasks
The current position is part of an EU Horizon2020 Research and Innovation Action project called 3D’omics, involving a collaborative team of universities and industrial partners across 11 European countries, with UCPH as the coordinating institution. The project involves using advanced microscopy techniques and laser microdissection in conjunction with multi-omics to study the spatial organization and function of gut microbial communities at the microscale.
The candidate will: (1) generate and analyze high-quality imaging data to reconstruct the microbiotic composition and spatial organization relative to the intestinal epithelium. (2) Perform laser microdissection on tissue sections and single cells to generate complementary spatial genomics and transcriptomics data. (3) Study interactions among bacteria as well as those between bacteria and animal hosts while accounting for their three-dimensional spatial features.
Your key tasks as a Postdoc at SCIENCE are:
- Manage and carry through your research project
- Collaborate closely with partners in the 3D’omics consortium, namely Pombo lab at MDC-Berlin, and Marti-Renon lab at CRG-Barcelona.
- Actively participate in both internal and consortium meetings
- Disseminate your research and write scientific articles
- Take part in activities and teaching at the department
- Research stay aboard at 3D’omics partner labs is optional (up to the candidate)
Find out more about the position via the link above