Location: Göteborg , Sweden
The Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Gothenburg, offers a postdoctoral scholarship within the area of cell and molecular biology.
This project is within the area of cell and molecular biology with a particular focus on the Chaperonin Containing TCP-1 (CCT) molecular chaperone and its interactions with the protein p150Glued. The project will involve using cultured mammalian cells as a model system to perform protein:protein interaction studies biochemically and also bimolecular fluorescence complementation. The post-doc will carry out the studies in a well-equipped and dynamic research environment and utilize the microscopy facilities available at the Centre for Cellular Imaging.
The scholarship covers a period of 12 months with possibility of prolongation up to a maximum of 24 months in total.
Preliminary start date: 2019-04-01
Supervisor/contact person: name, telephone number, e-mail:
Julie Grantham 0046 31 7862846 email@example.com
* To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at the recipient must hold a PhD degree within a relevant field. The applicant must not have been employed at University of Gothenburg in the past two years.
* Experience in working with cultured mammalian cells, transient transfection, fluorescence microscopy and immunoprecipitation is preferable.
Written application, including reference number (E2018/770), is to be sent via e-mail to the supervisor and must include the following:
* Personal letter stating the reasons why the study suits the applicant (maximum one page)
* List of publications
* References (2)
Application deadline: 31st January 2019
Information regarding scholarships:
* Scholarships do not give rise to sickness benefits, compensation from the Social Insurance Office or retirement pension.
* The scholarship sum is paid out quarterly
* Scholarships are tax-exempt
* A scholarship holder cannot be hired after the scholarship period due to tax reasons.