Type: Technical staff
Applications are invited for a position as Microscopy applications specialist at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM), the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, to commence 1 February 2021 or as soon as possible.
CFIM (www.cfim.ku.dk) was inaugurated in August 2010 and has serviced more than 1800 users with access to state of the art light- and electron microscopes.
The successful applicant will be part of a highly international team composed of light and electron microscopy application specialists and laboratory technicians. CFIM is located in the center of Copenhagen, at the North Campus of the University and has the mission of giving highest-level user service provision in advanced microscopy technologies to internal and external users from a broad range of disciplines within life sciences.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Introducing, training and supporting users on all CFIM light microscopes
- Meeting CFIM users to define optimal imaging strategies according to the facility’s portfolio
- Implementing Selective Plane Illumination Microscopy (SPIM) at CFIM (e.g. define and design the hardware and software configuration of the infrastructure) in collaboration with CFIM’s staff
- Developing/implementing sample preparation protocols for live and fixed-cleared samples with focus on SPIM
- Handling and post-processing of acquired SPIM datasets
- Maintenance and development of all systems at CFIM, with focus on SPIM
- Staying up to date with the latest developments on microscopy methods and technology, with focus on SPIM
- Helping with the organisation of and the teaching in CFIM courses
The successful applicant should have:
- Relevant experience in microscopy applications in general, holding a M.Sc. or PhD. degree in related scientific disciplines
- Expertise in SPIM technologies, including live and fixed clearing methods
- Strong motivation to support and train users with a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent social, communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience with SPIM data management, processing and analysis will be considered an advantage