External link: https://jobportal.ku.dk/alle-opslag/?show=155992
Type: Technical staff
We are looking for a highly motivated and independent imaging specialist with a solid experience in high content screening to support our research scientists with their imaging projects.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Stem Cell Medicine, reNEW has its Hub at University of Copenhagen (UCPH), The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences as well as nodes at UCPH, Murdoch Children´s Research Institute (MCRI) and Leiden University Medical Center (LUMC). Researchers within reNEW address fundamental questions in stem cell and developmental biology and will pivot research findings to clinical outcomes and products for patients with incurable disorders such as congenital kidney and heart disorders, type 1 diabetes, Parkinsons’ disease. Find more information about the Center at: https://renew.ku.dk/
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Supporting users in all aspects of advanced light microscopy: selection of and introduction to the appropriate imaging technology, assistance and trouble-shooting during imaging and data collection as well as data management.
- Setting up image acquisition pipelines, testing, and running of advanced light microscopy equipment, especially HCS microscopes, such as Yokogawa CV8000, Andor Dragonfly, and Nikon Spinning disc systems).
- Developing novel image acquisition workflows tailored to the needs of our scientists in close collaboration with microscope vendors.
- Organizing courses and teaching of light microscopy techniques.
- Maintaining the equipment by performing performance tests and organizing repairs.
- A master’s or PhD degree and ideally 3-4 years of experience in HCS
- Strong experience in advanced light microscopy
- Experience in developmental biology would be a strong plus but so would be a physics background
- Experience in sample preparation, including clearing techniques would be an advantage
- Independent critical thinking and problem-solving ability, flexibility, proactivity, and excellent attention to detail are required
- High motivation for user support and training
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Team player interested in connecting with scientists from different fields
See more information in the link above