Location: Lecce, Italy
External link: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/367008
One postdoc position in the field of 4D Cell Microscopy is available in the group of Dr. Loretta del Mercato at Nanotechnology Institute of CNR in Lecce (Italy) within the ERC-Starting project “Sensing cell-cell interaction heterogeneity in 3D tumour models: towards precision medicine – INTERCELLMED”. The job vacancy involves using time-lapse confocal, multiphoton microscopy and fluorescence lifetime imaging microscopy (FLIM) for visualizing spatiotemporal dynamics in complex multicell cultures of pancreatic tumoroids. Candidates will apply their expertise in microscopy and biology in an interdisciplinary laboratory.
- We seek a young and ambitious postdoctoral fellow with a Physics or Material Science or Engineering PhD degree.
- Consolidate experience in fluorescence labelling, time-lapse confocal, multiphoton and FLIM microscopy of mammalian 2D and 3D cell culture models (e.g., organoids, spheroids, ecc).
- Proficient expertise in super-resolution microscopy (STED, PALM/STORM, SIM), spectroscopy techniques (e.g., Temporal and SpatioTemporal Image Correlation Spectroscopy (TICS and STICS)) and analysis is of significant added value.
- Deep knowledge of programming language for statistics, modelling and optimisation (e.g., Matlab, R, Python, gPROMS, GAMS)
- Expertise in electron microscopy (e.g., SEM/FIB, TEM) is also welcome.
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary research team as well as effective communication and writing skills and a good mastery of the English language are essential for a successful selection.
This position is available for 24 months, with the possibility of extension for a further year, with a flexible starting date in 2019.
Interested applicants should submit his/her CV and 2 contacts for recommendation by email to email@example.com with the subject line “ERC-Postdoc in 4D cell microscopy”.
Why CNR-NANOTEC?CNR-NANOTEC (http://nanotec.cnr.it) provides the largest research infrastructure for high-quality nanotechnology research in the South of Italy with approximately >12000 sqm of laboratories and clean rooms and >200 employees with interdisciplinary background, including physicists, engineers, chemists, biologists and doctors. Notably, the CNR-NANOTEC recently launched, on close interactions with clinical partners, a new, long-term research programme, to promote the application of advances in Nanotechnology to Precision Medicine (http://nanotec.cnr.it/it/new-%20initiatives/#1524142464985-7385ec70-5204).
Site Description: CNR-NANOTEC is located inLecce, a vibrant, sunny and friendly city of 100,000 inhabitants in southern Italy. It lies in the region of Puglia, down at the heel of Italy’s boot, surrounded by attractive countryside, seashore and small lovely towns. The city provides a highly pleasant environment because of its affordable cost of living, healthy lifestyle, and unique Adriatic culture and environment.