Type: Academic staff
The Core Facility team (presently a team of 3) will work in close collaboration with nationwide bioimaging facilities and image processing research groups (DIKU, DTU, QIM) to support life scientists and operate custom remote computing solutions to analyze a broad range of bioimaging data.
The successful applicant should have a strong problem-solving mindset, a drive to learn and collaborate, and experience in supporting life scientists in bioimage analysis (ideally within a bioimaging facility).
The preferred skills are:
- A background in image processing and computer science (Ph.D. or equivalent)
- Strong experience in using and scripting bioimage analysis software and libraries (ImageJ, CellProfiler, QuPath, scikit-image, ITK, Napari …)
- Practice in handling complex multidimensional bioimaging datasets
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work in interdisciplinary environments.
The primary activities, the position will involve, are
- Customizing software scripts and automatic image analysis pipelines
- organizing user training, workshops, and training schools
- Integrating analysis methods to remote computing environments for reproducible analysis
- Support, train and educate the users of the Danish bioimaging facilities online and in real life
- Staying up to date and contributing to relevant bioimage analysis communities.
- A job with great independence and variety in the tasks.
- A development-oriented and good social environment.
- Committed colleagues who place a high value on professional collaboration, and who have an unpretentious, open, and respectful tone.
- Good professional and personal development opportunities – such as courses and education.