Type: Technical staff
Applications are invited for a position as Bioimage Analyst at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM), the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, to commence on 1 February 2021 or as soon as possible.
CFIM (www.cfim.ku.dk) was inaugurated in August 2010 and has serviced more than 1800 users with access to state of the art light- and electron microscopes.
The successful applicant will be part of a highly international team composed of light and electron microscopy application specialists and laboratory technicians. CFIM is located in the center of Copenhagen, at the North Campus of the University and has the mission of giving highest-level user service provision in advanced microscopy technologies to internal and external users from a broad range of disciplines within life sciences.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
• Introducing, training and supporting users on data analysis workflows
- Participating in experimental design meetings with facility users and other staff members in order to define optimal image acquisition and analysis strategies
- Creating project-based data analysis workflow solutions
- Development and implementation of new analysis tools
- Defining and developing the hardware and software framework to support CFIM services
- Developing data management and storage solutions
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in image analysis methods and technologies
- Networking with the international image analysis community
- Helping with the organization and teaching in CFIM courses
The successful applicant should have:
- MSc. or PhD. degree in relevant scientific areas
- Relevant experience in biological image analysis, programming of image analysis software, experience with batch processing of microscopy data and automation of image acquisition
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning
- Strong programming skills in ImageJ macro, Python, Matlab, R and Java
- Strong motivation to support and train users with a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent social, communication and organization skills
- Fluency in English
- Interest in image formation (microscopy) and life sciences
- Previous experience with light microscopy applications will be considered an advantage