Type: Technical staff
Applications are invited for a position as Bioimage Analyst at the Core Facility for Integrated Microscopy (CFIM) at the Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, to commence as soon as possible.
CFIM www.cfim.ku.dk was inaugurated in August 2010 and services more than 1800 users with access to state of the art light- and electron microscopes.
The successful applicant will be part of a highly international team composed of light and electron microscopy application specialists and laboratory technicians. CFIM is located in the center of Copenhagen, at the North Campus of the University and has the mission of giving highest-level user service provision in advanced microscopy technologies to internal and external users from a broad range of disciplines within life sciences.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing data management and storage solutions
- Defining and developing the software framework and data analysis workflows to support CFIM services
- Maintenance and development of software architecture and computing infrastructure at CFIM
- Introducing and assisting new users to data analysis workflows
- Staying up to date with the latest developments in image analysis methods and technologies
- Helping with the organisation and teaching in CFIM courses
- Training and supporting users on CFIM light microscopes
The successful applicant should have:
- MSc or PhD degree in computer sciences, (Bio-)physics, (Bioscience) engineering, Informatics or related disciplines
- Relevant experience in biological image analysis, programming of image analysis software, experience with batch processing of microscopy data and automation of image acquisition
- Experience in machine learning and deep learning
- Strong programming skills in ImageJ macro, Python, Matlab, R and Java
- Strong motivation to support and train users with a problem-solving mindset
- Excellent social, communication and organization skills
- Good skills in English
- Interest in image formation (microscopy) and life sciences
- Previous experience with light microscopy applications will be considered an advantage
Salary and employment terms
The position as Special Consultant are a fulltime position and are in accordance with the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations). Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set according to the AC-agreement for Special Consultants. Salary supplements may be negotiated to match individual qualifications.
For additional information about the position, please contact Clara Prats, e-mail: email@example.com
Your application must be submitted electronically by clicking “Apply now” below or via this advertisement found on https://employment.ku.dk/
Deadline for applications is 4 October 2020.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after application deadline.
We wish to reflect the diversity of society and encourage all qualified candidates to reply regardless of personal background.