Location: Paris, France
External link: http://www.bioaxial.com/careers/
We are looking for a passionate Applications Engineer with a strong cell biology background and hands-on experience in fluorescent microscopy. The individual must be motivated to take on new challenges, be able to multi-task and work independently. He or she should also possess the charisma to interact with customers professionally and have the ability to communicate technical details clearly and patiently.
The Applications Engineer is considered to be an expert user of our CODIM products, understanding what it takes to develop a new product in the super-resolution microscopy industry and that meets the needs of our customers. This will be achieved by working closely with the product development team, evaluating new solutions for viability in the pre-concept, implementation and validation phases of new product development.
In this role you will:
- Plan and drive applications support and training throughout the product management process.
- Present and demonstrate our products and technologies in person and online.
- Manage the biological sample preparation process for customer demonstrations and internal use, which is essential for image quality validation.
- Cultivate positive customer relationships, strengthening existing relationships, and identify and develop new sales potential in the super-resolution market to maximize sales revenues.
- Represent and promote BioAxial in a professional manner at trade fairs and conferences.
- Proactively provide competitive intelligence and technology updates to the wider BioAxial team, continually compiling market information in order to assist in the shaping of future company strategy.
- Actively develop content for application notes and publications in association with our customers in order to increase business opportunities.
- Work alongside the product development team helping to identify customer requirements, best implementation solutions and technical direction for potential product applications.
- Assist in the product validation phase with the view of signing off specific application implementations against product specifications.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of qualifications and experience:
- Typically 2+ years of professional experience in a relevant commercial, academia or fundamental research (drug discovery or cancer therapy) establishment.
- Masters or PhD university degree in a science discipline (cell biology preferred).
- Excellent, enthusiastic and clear written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate complex technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Proven track record of presentations and/or publications.
- Able to work on own initiative and build good business relationships.
- Must be results-oriented, flexible and a quick learner with a strong analytical mind.
- Experience with super-resolution, confocal or widefield fluorescent microscopy for biological research
- In-depth knowledge of sample preparation techniques and processes (desirable).
- Experience in selling or supporting technical and high-value microscopy products (desirable).
- Understanding of new product development and management techniques in a fast-changing industry (desirable).
- Great business sense and desire to elevate position in the marketplace.
- Willing to travel occasionally